Monday, December 5, 2011

NFR= My Dream

     Tonight I finally got to watch some barrel racing at the NFR & lets just say that as Carlee Pierce came in and set a new arena record (13.46), it definately gave me chills.
     Barrel racing is my #1 passion in life, aside from horses in general, and to see such an amazing run simply inspires me. After starting out wanting to get into events like western pleasure, we can certainly see that some things have changed. The first time I barrel raced was a turning point for me. From that moment on, nothing could keep me from it. The same holds true to this day. All those tough times that us riders have (getting bucked off, kicked, pawed, bit, etc), its moments like that and the inspiration that comes from others who may also share your passion, well, those are things that make what we do worth it.
     Although I can't even begin to describe the passion that I have for the sport, or what it means to me, I can say this: I want to be at the NFR someday, not just to watch, but to compete.

Mas luego! :)
A sleepy Vaquera says "hello!"  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment