Monday, August 27, 2012

This time is For Real.

Well it's time for a change again. This time its for real. I'm finally 100% sick and tired of dealing with my weight issue. Being in college, having surgery, and working at McDonalds has certainly taken it's toll on me. Last year I was 20 pounds lighter and still thought that I was fat. Now I look at those pictures and wonder what the heck I was thinking. I should've loved and enjoyed that body! Now its just causing me to have image issues and keeps me dwelling on the fact that I am no where near what I want to be. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by the time I'm done. 35 pounds would be so incredible but that's just a dream. I would be tinyyy at that weight. Like very little. But that's what I want. I know that people claim that it's better to have a little extra as opposed to being underweight, in case you get sick. I don't think like that. I would much rather be too tiny because then even if I do get sick then I can eat plenty. I know that I could- and have- eat the pounds on like a crazy person. Saying no to food is a very difficult task for me.

However, today marks the day that I'm going to do it. Let's be real here- I've tried all the diets out there. I tried not having sugar, cutting out soda and all other sugary drinks, counting calories, and even Body by Vi, which does work by the way, just not for my lifestyle. I knew that I needed a change, a big one too. I'm staying in college for the next two and a half years, still working at McDonalds for the next 6 months at least, and will forever love food. It's my brain that needs re-wiring. I wanted a "diet", more like lifestyle change, that was proven and possible. So, during all my hours on Pinterest, which I find more than incredible, I came across the Military Diet. This diet is proven (check!) because the military recommends it to recruits who need to drop a few pounds before or during Basic training. It's 3 days long and supposedly you can lose up to 10 pounds, which I don't believe. I did my research and the average person lost 5 pounds during those 3 days. You are to do this diet 3 days on and then 4 days off, which fits my schedule perfectly. I am going to do this diet for the 3 days a week that I go to class and then of course I need to be more careful with what I eat at work during the 4 days that I am not doing the diet. I weighed in this morning for my starting weight. It sucks if whated to know. I had breakfast already, well most of it since I had to stop at the store to pick up the other half of it. Soon I will finish the other half of it before my next class. However, I'm in McDonalds having a coffee and forgot to bring my spoon in. Tonight I'll weigh myself again to see if I've lost anything, which hopefully will be some pound-age!! Again, my goal is to lost 30 pounds, which if I can do that then I will be the happiest girl alive. 35 pounds would literally make my life.

I want to be clear that I'm doing this because I simply am not happy with the way that I am. It's hard for me to look in the mirror everyday and think positive thoughts about myself. I know that it's probably not as bad as I think but it's not good. I know that. I am tired of thinking negatively and failing with other diets so this time I am 100% committed. Yes, it's a little uncomfortable to not be eating my usual things, or even fruit. I am not wavering from this diet for anything. Suprisingly enough, I'm not even hungry yet. I've only had a piece of toast with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. I think that water and coffee, which are obviously both allowed, will be my saving grace. I had no idea that coffee tasted this good. :)

As for now, I'm off to eat my grapefruit and attend my Earth Science lecture.
 Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment