Thursday, May 23, 2013

Making Dreams A Reality

My, Oh, my, I've got to be the oddest person ever. Life changes every day around here. A month ago I posted about wantingI  to be home and how I was just starting to like it here. Now, again, my mind has changed. I love it here. I don't want to go back to Illinois. In fact, I think I'm here to stay. I went home this past weekend to watch my baby brother graduate high school. I cried. No lies here. I'm so thrilled for him and cannot wait to watch him chase his dreams and take that next step in his life. He is so amazing and although he doesn't realize it yet, he's so smart and understanding that success is undeniable for him.

Although I enjoyed my weekend and was so happy to see my family and Amanda, it really hit me at how little is waiting for me back home. I've got everything that I want and have worked for here in Texas. Sure, it'd be great if my family was here, but I've got a family here with Zeb and Melissa and the incredible friends I've made. I know that I can count on all of them to help me as I continue to chase my dreams, the ones that everyone said I wouldn't reach. I am going home for all of June to get my health straightened out and medicine prescribed, but right after the 4th of July, I'm coming back here to work horses for Zeb. It's a great opportunity and it's exactly what I need, for someone to take a chance on me and have faith in my abilities.

For the first time I can say this honestly, I am where I need to and want to be and I love it. I am chasing my dreams and they are tangible.

No comments:

Post a Comment