Tuesday, April 10, 2012

There are just not enough hours in a day...

As the title says, there are simply not enough hours in the day. Sooo much to do!!

It's been a little while since I've updated this blog, which I mostly keep as a form of an online diary. Life has been so so so busy. I can't keep up. I go through each event one at a time. The past 9 days have been rough including: my saddle breaking, Vaquera getting lice, getting 2nd degree burns on my right hand, my car quit working one day, grades, etc. It's been a blast. Oh & Lucky is getting taken away from me this summer. How fun.

 Speaking of Luckers, he's doing amazing since our last competitive barrel run. In practice we broke our record again, a 16.2!!!!!! I was so proud! :)   However, he ducked out on the 2nd barrel twice at the barrel race that was here two weeks ago. Go figure. Dick. We were ballin' that night too. I was pumped and ready to set fire in the ring. He apparently wasn't. Yet,  we did find out that last summer he was flipped over and ran into a fence at the 2nd barrel. Of course he probably didn't want to go to it. Oh well. Tomorrow night is our next race. It's Tough Enough To Wear Pink Night so let's hope we raise a bunch of money for breast cancer awareness!

So last Sunday, about a week ago, I noticed Vaquera's hair thinning. I thought it was odd but she really is shedding right now so I didn't think too much of it. Well she went pretty much completely bald within 4 days so on Thursday she went to the vet. She's got lice. Wonderful. All week I've been spraying Listerine (it's an antiseptic) on her and once a week she gets pour-on to kill most of it. It's mostly cleared up but she's pretty bald. All of her hair is dead. Even her mane and tail looks nasty and that's like my prized possession. For now she gets corn oil internally and olive oil externally. & she's got thrush so I'm treating that too. High maintenience much? jeeshhhh.
I do love her though.

Because it's 1 a.m. (like it usually is when I type these) I'm going to bed now. I need to quit staying up so late but tonight I just can't really sleep plus I haven't for the past 2 nights anyway due to nightmares and anxiety. I'm going to try it though!

Mas Amor. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment