Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Personal Growth

During the past few months I have been striving to improve myself; my physical, emotional, and spiritual health. I've been running myself low and I've known that this has needed to stop for quite some time. Last summer was a good indication of this: all I did was work and school and I didn't do the greatest and either of those. There's alot of things that I would love to change and this year I promised myself that I would. We are now closing in quickly on March and I am proud to say that I've stuck with my goals with only a few minor relapses. These are acceptable every now and then because that's normal.
  I promised myself only a few things for this year. These are the important things in my life currently so my goals are as goes:
-Spend as much time with my family as I can.
      To me this is so important after losing an entire side of my family in just a short year and a half. After going through that it makes a person realize just how much family means. Without them I don't know where I'd be. They are full of trials and tribulations but they are my support system, back-up plan, and I know they'll always love me, no matter what.
 -Dig deep with my horses.
   Horses are my passion, especially barrel racing and after today, roping. Horses always have been too. This is something that I've wanted to excel at since the very first ride I went on. This year marks the first time that I truly believe that I am capable of succeeding with the horses. I never really thought I would make it "big" or even have much talent but those years of hard work and dedication certainly do pay off. This year I'm going hard and not looking back.
 -Focus on school.
   This one's simple and self-explanatory. I know I'm smart so now I just have to actually do the homework and attend class.
 -Focus on myself.
   I've never been one to particularly like myself so this year I vowed to work hard on the body I want since I don't like the one that I have. It's not that I hate myself; I just think I could be better. In trying to physically improve myself, I've started working out and next week I begin tanning again. I miss tanning. Also, I cut my hair on a regular basis, now whiten my teeth, and try to "dress up" more often for school and public outings. Also this year, I promised to be more content with myself. This means no beating oneself up over the small things but rather changing the things that I do not like. I'm now better at turning my cheek to harsh words people may have for me, whether it be behind my back or to my face. Most importantly, I respect myself now to the highest degree. I am going to be something and I deserve to be treated like a Princess.

Much love! <3

Miss her and can't wait to have her back!

No comments:

Post a Comment