Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Year, New Friends, New Focus

Although we are not even a full month into this year, it feels as though this is the one that's going to make the difference. Already I am more focused on being me and the best that I know I can be. Letting go of my past has been something that has been so difficult for me. I do realize that I'll never be able to change it or escape it but it has always had a tendancy to catch me just when I think I've got everything under control. The past that I've tried to escape gets me every time. What I conclude from here on out is that I will never be able to actually escape my past, but I can accept it. I know I've made mistakes (haven't we all?) but I cannot let those mistakes dictate my life and how I react to situations that I will be faced with.

Regardless, my past isn't necessarily one that I want to forget. There are so many great memories that I am so fond of. I think that having a past and past mistakes can sometimes be the greatest learning tool. I'm of course one that "has to touch the fire to know it's hot." Having the past that I do allows me to make decisions that are no longer questionable; these are no longer out of ignorance but a choice.

My friends are my biggest support group (second only to my family of course!). Without them I
 have no idea where I'd be. Probably in some hole somewhere in a foreign place scrounging around for food. :)   Meeting new friends is easy, maintaining these friendships properly is the difficult part. Tonight it was so nice to go to the boys basketball game with an old friend, Sarah S., and a new friend, Morgan G.


To continue with horses, today I got to barrel race Lucky, a.k.a Rocket Dog. Although we had several errors by the rider (whoops), it was such a thrill! I'm so ready to get back into rodeo and do what I fell in love with eight years ago. Vaquera, my little Princess, is still here despite the fact that Donna is forcing her to go home. I do believe that I can get into the Intermediate Training class so Vaquera will be able to come back up in six short weeks. Can't wait! :) We have so much to progress with and I'm so excited! I'm ready for this.

Much Love. <3


I am so thankful for those that He brought into my life to help me on my path to happiness. It might get bumpy at times but I know that I'll never let go and I owe all my thanks to my friends and the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment